Wednesday, April 11, 2012

City of Swords - started

As reward for finishing my Mother project I decided I was going to start some other projects just for me. When I kit up a project I try to find another one with a similar color palette and combine the threads. I picked City of Swords (by Ciro Marchetti) and Calla to kit up together. They are both HAED designs. I love looking at the box of threads because the colors are so pretty.

Here is what City of Swords is suppose to look like:


I'm stitching it up on 28ct antique white evenweave in 2x1 tent stitches. Usually you start at the top left corner of the pattern but for these two I decided I wanted to be different. I started on the bottom left. The pages are smaller but it gives me a great sense of success to say I've already finish one page. Besides, starting at the bottom left seems more naturally to me than the top. I don't know why.

So, since the pages are smaller this is my completed page progress so far. Just two colors, but it's a start:

No comments:

Post a Comment