Wednesday, April 9, 2014

We Are Family COMPLETED

I hate backstitching.

There I said it.  And I mean it.

So why did I pick this project to do?  Well, I liked it, and I have something in mind for it as well.  I picked the color Daydream from Dinky Dyes as my thread and a pale pink 14ct Aida fabric.  There didn't look to be too many factional stitches but I was wrong.  The next time will be on 28ct to make things easier.  I stitched the small fractionals as I was moving through the piece.  The full stitches I made first, then went back to do the outline since that had to be done in 1 thread vs. 2.  I don't really like how that looks compared to the ones I did along the way. 

I stitched this one first for me as an experiment to see if it would work and would I like doing all that backstitching.  I've learned how to do things differently that will make it look better and maybe make it easier.  I first starting stitching this with some DMC varigrated thread with 2 strands.  I didn't like how some of the smaller words look so I had to frog it all.  The said part was that I thought I finally had a grasp on how to do french knots for the people's eyes.  They turned out beautifully.  When I started over with the Dinky Dyes threads I couldn't make them work.  I think I'll have to practice that before doing another one.  I need to wash it to see if the colors are color-fast but I'm hoping that won't be a problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment