Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Winter in the Village - update

So with the temps outside hovering around 115 degrees all the time I needed something to help cool me off.  This project came to mind.  As I stitched it I could think of buildings covered in snow and cold winter mornings with your breath frosting in front of your face.  It help . . . somewhat.  I still sat sweating on the couch as I stitched but it took my mind off of the never-ending heat.

I was only going to stitch the church and then move on to another project but after finishing the church and the trees next to it, it was still pretty earlier in the evening that day and instead put this project up and starting another I stuck with it.  After finishing the Beauty Shop I had to do the trees next to it so I could do all the backstitching for the two buildings.

I started backstitching at the light pole and worked my way back over to finish up on the church.  It took 2 days of stitching to do it all.  I was so fed up with backstitching (which I hate to do) that I couldn't wait to take the fabric out of the qsnap and put it away.  It wasn't until a couple of days later that I realized I forgot to stitch the words Beauty Shop on the sign.  Oh well.  I still have to do all the stuff underneath the buildings so I guess I'll do it then.

This project is officially too long for my scanner.  What you see is all that will fit on the scanning bed.  I guess when I finish it I'll have to use a camera or my phone.  I don't know how to get pictures from the camera to the computer and phone takes terrible pics, but since I've moved on to another project I guess I've got time to figure that out. 

My goal would be to finish this project this year.  It's doable.  And it would be one more WIP I can cross off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment