Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July Bear - FINISHED!

I finished my July Bear project.  I made some changes to the threads and I think everything turned out.  I used silk thread for the flag pole instead of the metallic.  The blue metallic firework thread wasn't the right color but it was all I had and I don't have the money to go out and buy thread that I find difficult to work with.  I also swapped the positions of the gold and red fireworks.  I just didn't want to do the red firework right next the the red in the bow.  The fireworks pattern didn't change, just the colors.  I found this one easier to stitch the bear colors than the June Bear one I did so long ago.  The June Bear's feet were horrible.  This one . . . not so much.  I think I might do the October Bear next, if I can find the right fabric for it.

It needs a good washing and then it can be added to my "Projects Finished UnFramed" pile or PFUF as I like to call it.

I didn't finish it before the 4th of July because I wasn't in the mood to stitch even though I was so close.  I think I finished around July 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment