Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sprial Fractal - negative progress

Some times negative progress is still progress. 

I had to unpick all the outer blue on this page because when I went to start the next page I realized my colors weren’t matching up.  That was because I didn’t stitch the darkest green on any of those spokes.  I put this project away for a couple of years because I was so disgusted with myself.  It’s been nagging me ever since. 

So for the last 2 days I’ve very carefully unpicked all of that blue.  I only nicked a small thread of the fabric once but not enough to make a hole.  Once I restitch over that it should be fine.  I also somehow picked up a purple thread in the small section on the bottom left part.  I decided to rip the whole single line of purple threads out even though I only caught 1 color and there was 2 or 3 in the line.  It was about 8 stitches so I don’t mind redoing those. 

This is another project I’d like to finish this year.  I think it will be my UFO project each month until it’s done.

No comments:

Post a Comment