Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Accolade update

This is the first ever Heaven and Earth Designs pattern that I bought. But it wasn't the first one I started. That was The Last E Ticket Ride. I now own 70+ charts and will probably have to live to 300 or something just to finish them all.

I started this back around October 2010. I got the large chart format but I still have to enlarge the page to decipher the symbols. Too many of them are too much alike. I finished the top half of page 1 and then put it away. I got caught up in making things for other people and lamenting the fact that doing it 1x1 in full stitches (on 25ct cream Aida) would take forever. Once I started Pirates and was working in tent stitches I realized things could go much faster. But only if I was willing to rip out thousand of stitches and start over. It was just easier to set aside and work on something that didn't feel like a failure.

I decided to pull it out again and add it to my regular rotation and hopefully I'll get it done in this lifetime. And I'm not ripping out stitches. I guess I'll just have to stitch faster.

This is what it's suppose to look like:


This is page one completed:

No comments:

Post a Comment